We have included Windows 8.1 product keys in this article. Scroll down to find the activation keys.
Windows 8.1 was released in 2012 and is an upgraded version of Windows 8. Up until 2016, users could upgrade their Windows 7 or Windows 8 license into a Windows 10 one, however that is no longer possible.
Upgrading to Windows 10 will require buying (or finding some other way) a valid Windows 10 license. But if you’re still running Windows 8, you can upgrade to Windows 8.1 for free — there’s no need to pay any additional license fee.
However, if your computer isn’t even running Windows 8, in order to install Windows 8.1 you will need a Windows 8.1 product key.
In this article we have included several free Windows 8.1 product keys.
Can I Use My Windows 8.1 Product Key With Windows 10?
When Microsoft first released Windows 10, it allowed Windows 8 (and 8.1) and Windows 7 users to upgrade to Windows 10 for free. However, that grace period has long expired.
Therefore, if you wish to use your Windows 8.1 serial number with a Windows 10 copy, you won’t be able to. You will need a Windows 10 license, which you can buy through Microsoft or a third-party seller.
If you wish to activate your Windows 8.1 copy for free, you can use one of the activation keys we’ve included below. We have included Windows 8.1 Pro and Windows 8.1 Ultimate serial keys.
You don’t need to download anything at all. Simply copy one of these product keys, depending on which version you’re interested in: Windows 8.1 Pro or Windows 8.1 Ultimate.
Windows 8.1 Pro Serial Keys
Windows 8.1 Ultimate Product Keys
Every activation key included above is genuine and should work correctly. In some rare instances, one of the provided product keys might not work — if that’s happening to you, just try another free Windows 8.1 product key.
On the off chance that none of them works, come back another time. We update our product key list frequently with new and updated activation keys. We always have a fresh supply of both Windows 8.1 Pro and Ultimate Serial keys.
Windows 8.1 Features
Even though it isn’t the latest MS Operating System, there are still many people that prefer Windows 8.1. Let’s take a look at some of the features that Windows 8.1 offers:
- New applications.
- Upgraded music and video applications.
- Upgraded Internet Explorer.
- Improved power shell for enhanced stability and security.
- Includes SkyDrive.
- Enhanced system-wide search.
- Improved app store (fewer bugs).
- Improved user interface.
- New customization features.
- Application-snapping and live tile-resizing bugs fixed.
In Windows 8.1, MS also included improved technologies over Windows 7 and Windows 8, such as:
- ReFS (Resilient File System) support.
- DirectX 11.2 support.
- Integrated support for 3D printing.
Where To Find Your Windows 8.1 Product Key
Every single Windows 8.1 serial number looks something like this:
PRODUCT KEY: XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX
There are several places where you can find this 25-character serial number:
- If your computer came with Windows 8 (or 8.1) preinstalled, you could find your serial key printed on a sticker somewhere on the case.
- If you’ve purchased your computer from an authorized dealer and can’t find the sticker, contact the dealer for the Windows 8.1 product key.
- If you’ve purchased a Windows 8 (or 8.1) CD/DVD, the serial number should be in a card inside the product box.
- If you’ve bought a digital license of Windows 8 (or 8.1), the Windows key should have been sent to the email provided at the time of purchase.
- If you’ve installed Windows 8 with a product key, but can’t locate it, there are programs online which allow you to retrieve the key.
Windows 8.1 Product Keys – 100% Working Free New Activation
How To Activate a Windows 8.1 Product Key
System Requirements for Windows 8.1
Before using Windows 8.1 you need to make sure that your computer is capable of running it. Unless you’re using a very old computer, then it will most likely run just fine.
For Windows 8.1, MS says you need at least:
- 2GB RAM
- 1GHz Processor
- 20GB HDD Space
- DirectX 9-capable Graphics Card (either dedicated or onboard)
As long as your computer meets these hardware requirements, you will be able to run Windows 8.1.
After getting your Windows 8.1 genuine Pro or product key, activating Windows is very simple. Here’s what you need to do:
- Close all programs
- Click on Start and open “Run”
- Enter the text “slui 2” and press enter on the dialogue box that pops up
- The activation window will open and you will be asked for your Windows 8.1 product key
- Enter one of the Windows 8.1 product keys provided above
- Your computer will now automatically try to activate Windows
The whole procedure is that simple and shouldn’t take more than a couple of minutes, although it can vary depending on your internet speed.
How to Activate Windows 8.1 Without a Product Key
You can also install and activate Windows 8.1 without having a product key. It’s easy, and there are several different methods you can try. However, you should note that it doesn’t always work and that you may have to resort to using one of the Windows 8.1 serial keys we’ve provided above.
Remember that a Windows 8.1 product key will allow you to activate Windows without using any of the following methods.
Option 1 – Upgrading From Windows 8
If you already have Windows 8 installed on your computer, you can easily upgrade to Windows 8.1. You won’t need a product key to do so.
Before You Begin:
- Back up your important data
- Make sure that you have at least 3GB of free space on your computer
- If you’re using a laptop make sure that you’re plugged into an outlet and not relying on your battery
Updating Windows Without a Windows 8.1 Product Key
- Open Windows Store on Windows 8
- Find the option to update to Windows 8.1
- Select that option and click “Download”
- The update files will automatically download and install in the background
- Once the update is complete, a prompt will ask you to restart your computer
- Restart your computer
- Choose “Use Express Settings” once the update screen comes up
- Sign into your Microsoft account and reinstall your applications
With these steps you should be able to update Windows 8 to Windows 8.1 without having to use a Windows 8.1 Pro or Ultimate product key.
Option 2 – Make Your Own Windows Activator
This method allows you to activate your operating system without having to insert a Windows 8.1 product key. This involves creating a .bat file which you will run to activate Windows.
All you need to do is copy some text into a notepad file, change its extension and run it.
Here’s how you do it:
- Copy the text below into a text file and save the file on your computer:
title Activate Windows 8 / Windows 8.1 ALL versions for FREE!&cls&echo ============================================================================&
echo #Project: Activating Microsoft software products for FREE without software&echo ============================================================================&
echo.&echo #Supported products:&echo – Windows 8 Core&echo – Windows 8 Core Single Language&echo – Windows 8 Professional&echo – Windows 8 Professional N&echo – Windows 8 Professional WMC&echo – Windows 8 Enterprise&echo – Windows 8 Enterprise N&echo – Windows 8.1 Core&echo – Windows 8.1 Core N&echo – Windows 8.1 Core Single Language&echo – Windows 8.1 Professional&echo – Windows 8.1 Professional N&echo – Windows 8.1 Professional WMC&echo – Windows 8.1 Enterprise&echo – Windows 8.1 Enterprise N&echo.&echo.&echo ============================================================================&
echo Activating your Windows…&cscript //nologo slmgr.vbs /upk >nul&cscript //nologo slmgr.vbs /cpky >nul&wmic os | findstr /I “enterprise” >nul
if %errorlevel% EQU 0 (cscript //nologo slmgr.vbs /ipk MHF9N-XY6XB-WVXMC-BTDCT-MKKG7 >nul&cscript //nologo slmgr.vbs /ipk TT4HM-HN7YT-62K67-RGRQJ-JFFXW >nul&cscript //nologo slmgr.vbs /ipk 32JNW-9KQ84-P47T8-D8GGY-CWCK7 >nul&cscript //nologo slmgr.vbs /ipk JMNMF-RHW7P-DMY6X-RF3DR-X2BQT >nul) else (cscript //nologo slmgr.vbs /ipk GCRJD-8NW9H-F2CDX-CCM8D-9D6T9 >nul&cscript //nologo slmgr.vbs /ipk HMCNV-VVBFX-7HMBH-CTY9B-B4FXY >nul&cscript //nologo slmgr.vbs /ipk NG4HW-VH26C-733KW-K6F98-J8CK4 >nul&cscript //nologo slmgr.vbs /ipk XCVCF-2NXM9-723PB-MHCB7-2RYQQ >nul&cscript //nologo slmgr.vbs /ipk BN3D2-R7TKB-3YPBD-8DRP2-27GG4 >nul&cscript //nologo slmgr.vbs /ipk 2WN2H-YGCQR-KFX6K-CD6TF-84YXQ >nul&cscript //nologo slmgr.vbs /ipk GNBB8-YVD74-QJHX6-27H4K-8QHDG >nul&cscript //nologo slmgr.vbs /ipk M9Q9P-WNJJT-6PXPY-DWX8H-6XWKK >nul&cscript //nologo slmgr.vbs /ipk 7B9N3-D94CG-YTVHR-QBPX3-RJP64 >nul&cscript //nologo slmgr.vbs /ipk BB6NG-PQ82V-VRDPW-8XVD2-V8P66 >nul&cscript //nologo slmgr.vbs /ipk 789NJ-TQK6T-6XTH8-J39CJ-J8D3P >nul)
if %i%==1 set KMS_Sev=kms7.MSGuides.com
if %i%==2 set KMS_Sev=kms8.MSGuides.com
if %i%==3 set KMS_Sev=kms9.MSGuides.com
if %i%==4 goto notsupported
cscript //nologo slmgr.vbs /skms %KMS_Sev% >nul&echo ============================================================================&
cscript //nologo slmgr.vbs /ato | find /i “successfully” && (echo.&echo ============================================================================&
echo.&echo #My official blog: MSGuides.com&echo.&echo #How it works: bit.ly/kms-server&echo.&echo #Please feel free to contact me at email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.&echo.&echo #Please consider supporting this project: donate.msguides.com&echo #Your support is helping me keep my servers running everyday!&echo.&echo ============================================================================&
choice /n /c YN /m “Would you like to visit my blog [Y,N]?” & if errorlevel 2 exit) || (echo The connection to my KMS server failed! Trying to connect to another one… & echo Please wait… & echo. & echo. & set /a i+=1 & goto server)
explorer “http://MSGuides.com”&goto halt
echo.&echo Sorry! Your version is not supported.
- Right-click the text file and click the “Rename” option to make your script.
- Change the name to “activator.cmd”
- If you can’t change the file extension from .txt to .cmd, then make sure that you have enabled this setting in your Windows file browser:
- Click “View” in the file explorer menu
- Go to “File and Folder Options”
- Go to “View”
- Under “Advanced Settings” you will see the option to check and un-check certain settings
- Find “Hide extensions for known file types” and uncheck it to show extensions for all file types
- Now you can easily change the extension of the file from .txt to .cmd when you rename it
- Right click the now .cmd file and choose “Run as administrator”
- The file will run and you will see a window briefly appearing and disappearing on your desktop
Now you just need to wait a few seconds and restart your computer. When it comes back on, check to see if your Windows version is activated. You will most likely have an activated Windows version without having to enter any Windows 8.1 Pro or Ultimate product key.
Are These Windows 8.1 Keys for 32-bit or 64-bit versions?
The Windows product keys we have provided work for both 32 and 64-bit versions. Microsoft does not differentiate between the two versions.
The main differences between the two different architectures users will notice are the RAM-cap. A 32-bit Windows version will only be able to handle up to 4GB of RAM. Even if you have more RAM installed, you won’t be using it unless you have a 64-bit version.
Unless you’re using an older computer, you shouldn’t really consider a 32-bit Windows version. But, either way you shouldn’t have to worry about your product key not working on a different-bit version.
As long as you have a Windows 8.1 Pro or Ultimate product key, MS doesn’t care about which bit version you use.
After reading this article you’ve successfully activated your Windows 8.1 Pro or Ultimate copy, and without having to spend a single cent. You didn’t even need to download any sketchy activator.
If you constantly find yourself needing Windows 8.1 product keys, remember to bookmark this page: we update the available keys frequently and they’ll always be free.